We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our client's Global Analytics & Data Products Team. The company is a leading global automaker and provider of innovative mobility solutions.
On the position, your goal would be to establish the organization’s data infrastructure, promote engineering best practices on data management, and keep a high bar for data qualitywhat we offer
- salary based on the contract of employment
- possibility to work fully remote
- annual bonus
- car discounts and leasing
- working on multinational projects, designing state-of-the-art solutions
- life insurance
- sports card
- private medical care
- Design and implement secure, scalable, high-performance, and robust data services for connected vehicle data in distributed data processing platforms using modern Big Data technologies.
- Design, extend, and review data architecture, model, flow, and integration – be hands-on and involved with every stage of the software development life cycle.
- Partner with software engineers and data scientists to meet the need of upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Work with external carrier stakeholders and internal partner teams to ingest connectivity data for data processing.
- Develop state-of-the-art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practices for instrumentation within software engineering.
- Keep up to date with the evolving Big Data technology, and share the knowledge across the organization by enabling best practices, standards, governed processes, and relevant technologies.
Top Performers will be able to demonstrate
- Comprehensive knowledge of relational database concepts, including; data architecture, operational data stores, Interface processes, Multidimensional modeling, master data management, and data manipulation
- Expert knowledge and experience with custom ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
- Comprehensive experience designing, implementing, and iterating data pipelines using Big Data technologies
- Experienced working on cross-functional teams and leading efforts to build data services from the ground up
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand complex business problems and provide solutions.
- BA/BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline preferred
- 2+ years of experience in the data engineering and software development life cycle.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in building and maintaining production data applications, current experience in both relational and columnar data stores.
- Experience with more than one coding language.
- Experience with one or more functional languages such as F#, Scala or Haskell
- Experience working with cloud Big Data platforms (i.e. Spark, Google BigQuery, Azure Data Warehouse, etc.)
- Familiarity with time series database, data streaming applications, Kafka, Flink, and more
- Experience with workflow management engines (i.e. Airflow, Luigi, Azure Data Factory, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern data science and product analytics tools and techniques such as R, Machine Learning, and advanced statistics is a plus
- Understand how to work with Hive metastores
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Experience with creating containerized applications using Docker and running them on Kubernetes.
Nice to have:
- Experience with designing and implementing real-time pipelines.
- Experience with data quality and validation.
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and E2E process optimization.
- Experience with notebook-based Data Science workflow.
- Experience with Airflow.
- Experience using Spark, Presto, Hive, etc.
- Experience using Cats or ZIO.
Employment agency entry number 47...