Our Client is a world-class offshore drilling company with industry-leading safety and operational performance. They focus on deep and long-term partnerships as the foundation for driving efficiency and increasing certainty for our customers.
The company operates one of the youngest and most advanced fleets in the offshore drilling industry with a combined track record of industry-leading utilization. They are a dynamic leader in offshore drilling, always striving to deliver the best service to the customers, effectively and sustainably.
Gdańsk office, which appeared on Tricity map in 2019, is designed to deliver the highest level of services to its Rigs located around the world. By joining the Company, you will become a part of a team of more than 200 colleagues, all of whom are dedicated to support the fleet.
As a Structural Project Engineer you will be responsible for being a part of the Engineering team, coordinating on-site activities, checking the drawings and modifying them as well as assisting with your technical knowledge to all internal and external parties involved in the project completion.
If this sounds exciting for you - please, submit your application!what we offer
- great opportunity to work in an international company that values employees and provides right environment for right people
- package of benefits including pension plan, life insurance, private medical care and others
- office located in the well-communicated city area in Gdańsk Centre
- being a part of a company committed to creating a good environment for growth and a respectful atmosphere
- openness to independent action and implementation of own ideas and solutions
- opportunity to participate in projects of different complexity levels and to cooperate with various departments
- provide professional structural analysis/design input for all ongoing and forthcoming projects.
- support project teams as the lead engineer and work closely with associated Project Managers and the rest of the Engineering teams.
- communicate with consultants, vendors and Class Societies.
- providing engineering support from the base office or being present at the project site.
- calculate weight and centers of gravity from our Client’s shipyard construction/detail drawings.
- track revisions of drawings to document impacts on weight growth, and maintains rig weight control spreadsheet.
- review all structural design drawings and studies for accuracy and compliance to specifications.
- communicate any issues concerning engineering, quality, compliance.
- travel offshore for well-planned rig surveys.
- at least Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- preferably a couple of years of experience in Structural Engineering Design.
- preferable experience with shipyard operations emphasizing Ship/MODU repair or new construction.
- drafting experience in AutoCAD and/or STAAD Pro.
- experience in structural design and/or steel fabrication detailing for industrial facilities, as well as knowledge of analytical modeling processes and performance calculations on structural components.
- experience in Finite Element Analysis from a structural standpoint.
- preferable knowledge or willingness to learn of rig construction including detailed structural design drawings, production drawings, nesting, and general arrangement design.
- strong communication skills, both verbal and written. High proficiency in English.
- willingness to travel (these are well-planned business travels, about 20% annually).
Employment agency entry number 47
this job offer is intended for people over 18 years of age...